Friday, April 28, 2017

Printmaking on Paper, Original Art "STAG BEETLE" The Art of Nature, Fine Art by Mindy Lighthipe




This Stag Beetle is one of an Artists' Proofs I have done as I experiment with Solar Etchings. Solar printing  allows me to do my drawings on paper, create a negative scan of the drawing and then burn the images onto a plate that is exposed to light. The result is similar to traditional intaglio printing but I don't have to work in reverse or worry about making a mistake on the copper plate. Once the plate is exposed to light, the image is burned into the plate. I then ink the plate, wipe it clean and the ink that remains is left in the "burned" recessed areas of the plate. The plate is hand pulled through a traditional press and the remaining ink creates the image.

6"x4.5"  Printmaking on Paper/Available

Click HERE for pricing.

View Mindy's available Fine Art Reproductions HERE


Click HERE to learn about Mindy's FREE video.



                                        Click HERE to view Mindy's available books.














No comments:

Post a Comment